Posts by "Marisa Spano"
1. Different colors of alexandrite
/at Aug 6 2009,11:08 AM in Chrysoberyl Species and Variety /
Good quality alexandrite is teal, emerald, or blue-green under natural daylight or fluorescent lighting that ideally changes to purple-red or red under regular incandescent light.
2. Alexandrite Gemstone Encyclopedia Wins IMA Award.
/at Aug 6 2009,10:08 AM in Project news /
The Alexandrite Gemstone Encyclopedia excelled in all areas of the international competition's judging criteria, earning an overall score of 488 out of 500.
3. Genuine alexandrite and diamond vintage ring
/at Apr 11 2009,3:04 PM in Tsarina rings /
Victorian vintage alexandrite ring with classic late Art Deco touch
4. Large clean chrysoberyls sells for around USD 200.00 per carat
/at Apr 11 2009,2:04 PM in A very large Alexandrite /
Large clean chrysoberyls sells for around USD 200.00 per carat
5. Colour change garnet, Malaia garnet and malaya garnet
/at Apr 8 2009,9:04 AM in Colour change garnet /
Malaia garnet, malaya garnet and color change garnet are all a mixture of pyrope and spessartite
6. Synthetic alexandrite identification
/at Mar 28 2009,7:03 AM in Alexandrite Encyclopedia /
Some modern synthetic gemstones look more natural and are more difficult to identify, but an experienced jeweler or gemologist can usually classify them