• 9 - Sitemap
  • Press ALT + Access Key, then ENTER.

Close

Alexandrite

Tsarstone collectors guide

Alexandrite guide forums

Page 1 of 1 10 results per page
Sort by: Most recent last
Can you recommend a reputable jeweler in the Oklahoma City area with the expertise to appraise a rather large alexandrite that I've had for 40 years?

Please let me know.

Thank-You,
Lee Anna Coil

You can try B.C. Clark Jewelers

101 Park Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
(405) 232-8806

Visit their FB page @ http://www.facebook.com/bcclarkjewelers and chat with them first. See if they can appraise alexandrite
Dear Lee Anna

There are very few real experts in the world of alexandrite and many who think they are. I can immedietaly tell you that there is not even one expert in each country! Justa few in the world! if you want to get a real evaluation. I would advice you to: you may have it evaluated in Oklahoma City by a jeweler, gemologist and this person may have a little clue about its autenticity and value. I would also recommend you NOT to leave this stone with someone. Alexandrites, if of good quality, known provenance are very special and may be very valuable. Large russian stones fetch very high prices. There are a few collectors in the world who can really appreciate such stones. You could make a snapshot with a digital camera set to macro (flower symbol). Please excuse me for telling as I have no idea of your photography skills. In 1992 I was the first westerner since 1916, i.e. beofre the Russian revolution who sat my foot in the Ural Mountains, Russia alexandrite mines. I have just helped a friend research all original letters and documents regarding the first find in Swedish, french, german, russian and a book: "Alexandrite" is just in the printing office.
Best regards
Peter

QUOTE (in "Contact information for Alexandrite Tsarstone Collectors Guide" by Lee Anna Coil on May 24 2010, 02:58 PM)
Can you recommend a reputable jeweler in the Oklahoma City area with the expertise to appraise a rather large alexandrite that I've had for 40 years?

Please let me know.

Thank-You,
Lee Anna Coil
Topic page 1 of 1
See options details