• 9 - Sitemap
  • Press ALT + Access Key, then ENTER.

Close

Alexandrite

Tsarstone collectors guide

Alexandrite guide forums

Page 1 of 1 10 results per page
Sort by: Most recent last
I am wondering if the stones shown are for sale, specifically ref # YAX502aa, a faceted alexandrite 1.19 cts. 6x6 mm. If so, what is it being sold for. I am looking for a beautiful stone for a wedding ring and think this is it! It is also my daughters birthstone so it would make a fabulous heirloom. Thank you for your time. Rebecca
Most of alexandrite gemstones here come from the Multicolour Gems Ltd collection. If you want to buy alexandrite, you can visit Multicolour Gems website:
http://www.multicolour.com/gallery/?/gallery/alexandrite/
Best Regards
Andrei
Hi Andrei!
I would like to know if there is a theoretical possibility, what the gem I have is a natural alexandrite.
The gem was a gift from Russian woman who lived in India for 30 years (1932-1962 approximately). As far as I know stone was purchased there.
The stone was presented to my family at 1972.
It is an oval step cut, size - 13 x 11 mm, eye clean. The color changes from medium dark green blue or blue green in cool daylight to medium reddish purple in incandescent light.
Thanks in advance,
Rina
P.S. The stone has a Portuguese Cut, not step cut as I mentioned before.
Rina,
Theoretically, your stone could be a natural alexandrite. However, 13x11 is a very large size for a natural alexandrite so I am doubtful. If you want to know for sure, send the stone to a qualified and experienced gemologist.
Topic page 1 of 1
See options details